23 April, 2008

Commute twitching


















Quite a day. When I returned back to the office, I received another SMS from Lintutiedotus (the Finnish Twitchers Association's rare bird alert system) - almost from the same place where I twitched the Black Redstart. But this time there was Ring Ouzel (Turdus torquatus) ! It was found by Unto Söderholm, the same birder who had just found the Black Redstart. Lucky guy indeed!

Well, I could not go after Ring Ouzel immediately, I had work to do. But at 4 p.m. when I was about to end my work, I received again a message from Lintutiedotus which told that the bird was still there. So I headed again back to Hatanpää. There was also couple of other birders searching for the bird and after 15 minutes we found it. Nice female, not so handsome as a male, but never mind, cool observation anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment