20 May, 2016

Dilemma of the carless twitcher

Paddyfield Warbler (Acrocephalus agrigola)
Photo: J.M. Garg, Wikimedia Commons
Goddammit! I dared to whine publicly that I haven't got any lifers this year and that Sendari has offered Pine Bunting, Paddyfield Warbler and White-throated Needletail for us Finns, but none of those three birds have been twitchable...

Only 10 minutes after I posted my whining to Facebook, I received a rare bird alert on my phone; Paddyfield Warbler in Pori, singing and visible! I sent messages to every direction, if somebody would go twitching it. Well, Joni Kautonen left from Helsinki (and I live in Valkeakoski), but it didn't help in my dilemma; I don't have a car at the moment, which makes twitching very difficult, especially when it's a question of species which is not a mega rarity and which has been already seen by many twitchers.

Now I just wish that this Paddyfield Warbler will settle down and stay in Pori longer than this evening and that I find somebody who would like to go to Pori with me...

Sendari, please don't let me get dipped out on this Paddyfield Warbler!

No comments:

Post a Comment