27 January, 2010

Remote birding - what does it mean?

If you read this, you'll probably know what birding means - yes, it's watching the birds i.e birdwatching. But remote birding?

Well, in remote birding you don't need binoculars, scope nor camera, but you must have internet connection and TV to watch birds.

So, I'm trying to see and identify birds in live TV broadcasts and through live webcams. I will not pay any attention to recordings or movies, all the birds must be out there somewhere right at the same moment when I see them. I'm also trying to capture photos of all the birds, whenever it's possible.

At this moment this is just an experiment - I'm just curious on how many bird species I can see and identify via cables!

For this experiment I created a new blog: Remote birding

Welcome to remote birding, it's really fun and educational; my identification skills have developed fast again.

No comments:

Post a Comment